Motivational Moment for our Office Services Group
Last week, I was asked by our Office Services Group Leader to give a motivational moment at the end of our monthly meeting. That moment happened this morning, and I thought that perhaps you could gain some value from it as well. I know that this blog is generally about office space here in Atlanta, but everyone can use some motivation in this economic.
The motivational moment comes from a book that I am reading Seven Decisions That Determine Personal Success – The Traveler’s Gift by Andy Andrews. Here are the highlights from those seven decisions, and what I share with my office services group.
The 1st Decision for Success – “The Buck Stops Here”
- - I accept responsibility for my past
- - No longer will I blame uncontrollable forces for my lack of success, i.e. Recession, Company, Boss, Parents, Schooling, etc.
- - I will look forward; I will no longer let history control my destiny.
- - The Buck Stops Here, I accept responsibility for my past, and I am responsible for my future
The 2nd Decision for Success – “I Will Seek Wisdom”
- - I will train my eyes and ears to read and listen to books and recordings that bring about positive changes in my personal relationships
- - No longer will I bombard my mind with materials that feed my doubts and fears
- - I will choose to associate with people whose lives and lifestyles I admire
- - I will listen to the counsel of wise mean. I will choose my friends with care. I will seek wisdom
The 3rd Decision for Success – “I Am a Person of Action”
- - I can do nothing about my past, my future is immediate
- - When I am faced with the choice of doing nothing or doing something, I will always choose to act. I will seize the moment. I choose now.
- - A person that moves neither left nor right is destined for mediocrity.
- - I am a person of action. I am daring. I am courageous
The 4th Decision for Success – “I Have a Decided Heart”
- - A Wiseman once said “a journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step”
- - I know the purpose of analysis is to come to an conclusion. I have tested the angles, I have measured the probabilities, and now I have made the decision to take that step with all of my heart.
- - I will not look back, my destiny is assured, I have a decided heart
The 5th Decision for Success – “Today I Will Choose to Be Happy”
- - I know that happiness is not an emotional phantom floating area in and out of my life
- - Happiness is a choice.
- - Happiness is the end result of certain thoughts and activities throughout the day
- - I will smile at every person I meet. Today I choose to be happy.
The 6th Decision for Success – “I Will Greet Each Day with a Forgiving Spirit”
- - By the simple act of forgiveness, I release the demons of the past of which I can do nothing, and I create a new heart, a new beginning
- - By the act of forgiving, I am no longer consumed by unproductive thoughts.
- - I know that criticism is the price you by for leaping pass mediocrity, and I will meet their unjust criticism with a forgiving heart.
- - I will greet each day with a forgiving spirit
The 7th Decision for Success – “I will persist without exception”
- - I choose to pursue my goals, I know the outcome that I desire, I hold fast to my dreams, I stay the course and do not quit.
- - I will continue past exhaustion, I will focus on results and I will continue to persist without exception
Hope you enjoyed it.